Now we know the importance of the world around us. The world needs us to help save the environment. We do not exactly need to stop using electricity altogether and clean up the ocean by ourselves. We can help in our own little way because little things make a big difference. Even turning the lights off can help save the environment.
We should do all we can to save and conserve. I have some tips on conserving and helping the environment.
· You should watch less TV. When coupled with a receiver, stereo system, lighting, air conditioning, and gaming device, the mere act of sitting in front of the television or computer can be damaging to the environment. Try to engage in more outdoor or social activities.
· Turn off your computer at night. You can save up to 40 watt-hours every day simply by shutting your computer down instead of putting it to sleep.
· Limit your use of water, make sure you don't leave taps/hoses running when not necessary.
· Don't leave the lights on when departing a room, even if it is only for a short period.
· Switch to rechargeable batteries. The regular ones end up in landfills, oozing toxins.
· Look for earth-friendly packaging. Tissue paper, boxes and those pesky packing peanuts all eat up natural resources.
· Walk, run or bike. Not driving just once a week cuts back on fuel and emissions.
I hope you will follow these easy to do tips. I also hope that I have inspired you to help make the world a better place.